Wednesday 2 May 2018

My First Book Group

Hey guys! So as you might know, I'm an introvert and the thought of starting new groups or clubs scares me so much. However, I recently found out one of the bookstores I like has a "detox" evening of reading.

They leave the store open late to let others come along to read. I was hesitant by the idea of going to a new group alone until my friend offered to come with me and several friends were there! It's so good to have friends who read or draw or who do any number of different arts or crafts.

I have been struggling recently to sit down and unwind after work and having a reading slump is never fun. Especially when it's a book you've wanted to read for a while. However, going to this group, even for just an hour, relaxed me in such a way that all my negative energy from work and from the day miraculously lifted from my shoulders. I felt light, relaxed and sleepy. I walked home afterwards thinking I felt really positive.

(Picture from The Book Hive website)

It was wonderful sitting upstairs on the cushions in the window of The Book Hive. It's a lovely little bookstore and if you live in or around Norwich, I definitely recommend it for any bookworm. If you're an introvert like me and new things scare you, I'm here to tell you that you need to dive into the unknown. You need to conquer that fear.

I recommend trying to find a friend who is willing to go with you or even trying to make a conversation with someone new at the book club. It's a great way to meet new people and get new book recommendations! You can dive into the depths of the unknown and come out the other side. Don't let your anxiety ruin opportunities and experiences. You've got this!

Let me know about your book group experiences below! And if you want to check out The Book Hive, click here. Until next time, Vee x

No comments:

Post a Comment