Saturday 19 May 2018

Books That Should Be Movies

We all know on our shelf there are books we wish were movies. Obviously in a perfect world, they would represent the book exactly right. And even though this mostly doesn't happen, we all still crave our favourite book to be made into a movie. I've compiled a list of books I loved reading and therefore think would make excellent films. Thank god Every Day by David Levithan is being made - it needed to be so badly!

The Shiver Triology by Maggie Stiefvater

I know, I know, I go on about this series way too much - but there's a reason! It was the best fantasy series I've ever read and I think the whole wolf/forbidden relationship thing would make the perfect movie.

Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Come on guys; it would be the gayest, happiest movie out there with Tiny Cooper running the show. I still need to read the Tiny Cooper Hold Me Closer book but I stand by my opinion that it should be a movie.

Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

This is one of the first LGBT books I read and I've never looked back since; all I read are gay romance novels. David turned me into an LGBT fanatic. No joke. It would be such a cute film about love and lust and acceptance.

Geekerella by Ashley Poston

Geekerella was such a cute retelling of Cinderella with geeky twists and nerdy happy ever afters. I think it would be the perfect film to go watch with that nerd who loves Disney movies.


The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo

This book had me in floods of tears and gave me too many shivers to count. I can imagine it to be something like the Notebook and such a wonderfully sad film. This needs to happen. Anyone want to start a petition with me?!


What are some of your books that you wish could be movies? Let me know in the comments! Until next time, Vee x

1 comment:

  1. I have always wished that The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery would be made into a movie. No sign yet but maybe one day! Either that or the Mary Quinn series by YS Lee.

    ReplyDelete