Wednesday 16 May 2018

Meeting David Levithan

Hey guys! So a few weeks back I had the privilege of meeting David Levithan at Waterstones Piccadilly for the YA Extravaganza panel event. I was so excited for this because I originally booked to see David at an event where we were going to watch Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and he was going to sign books. But unfortunately Oliver came down with pneumonia so we couldn't attend, which is why I was so thrilled to get a second chance to meet him!

Oliver and I went along to Waterstones and waited in line to get in. As we sat down there was a sneak peak of David's Someday, the sequel to Everyday but we aren't allowed to show anyone so we felt really exclusive. The atmosphere was amazing with so many fangirls and book nerds.


We listened to the panel which had authors Juno Dawson, Alice Oseman, Simon James Green , Lucy Christopher and Katherine Webber. And obviously David. They talked about the writing process, different types of books and the audience had a chance to ask questions about the books and the authors themselves. I realized, after the talk, that I knew some of Juno's work and I'm really interested to get my hands on Clean, her latest book.

After the talk we all had a chance to meet the authors and purchase books so obviously I had to meet David and I bought his latest release, Sam and Ilsa's Last Hurrah, which was co written with Rachel Cohn. I walked up to him and my stomach was full of butterflies. I handed him the book and told him he's my favourite author and his book, Two Boys Kissing was my absolute favourite and he told me it was his too. I asked for a photo and he agreed!


I was so thrilled and the feeling that ran through me was a mixture of pride, amazement and promise. I hope that one day I can be just like him; editing and writing stories from home, flying over the world to give talks and have discussions. I felt at home and what a wonderful feeling it was.

I can't wait for Someday to come out in October and I feel empowered by these authors to follow my own dreams. I also got to know more authors who's books I'm interested in reading and who doesn't love adding more books on to their To Be Read piles?!


Thank you for reading and I'll see you soon! Love, Vee x

No comments:

Post a Comment