Wednesday 28 November 2018

Book Review: Someday

Hey bookworms! This week I'll be reviewing a recent read of mine: Someday by David Levithan. If you love wacky books about people waking up in the wrong bodies, then this one's for you.


Blurb


Every day a new body. Every day a new life. Every day a new choice.

For as long as A can remember, life has meant waking up in a different person’s body every day, forced to live as that person until the day ended. A always thought there wasn’t anyone else who had a life like this.

But A was wrong. There are others.

A has already been wrestling with powerful feelings of love and loneliness. Now comes an understanding of the extremes that love and loneliness can lead to — and what it’s like to discover that you are not alone in the world.

In Someday, David Levithan takes readers further into the lives of A, Rhiannon, Nathan, and the person they may think they know as Reverend Poole, exploring more deeply the questions at the core of Every Day and Another Day. What is a soul? And what makes us human?


Review


Levithan is my favourite author, so of course I was excited about going to buy his latest installment, Someday from Waterstones Piccadilly, where he was signing. I was so excited and couldn't wait to start it.

As always, Levithan doesn't disappoint. Even though it wasn't the ending I expected, it felt like a reality check. The book made me feel like I wasn't alone and that the characters were there for me. I love when a book feels like home.

A sometimes does annoy me as a character, but ultimately, their journey is a unique one and written in such a clever way that it almost feels like a metaphor for life. We aren't always able to find ourselves if we keep searching; we just have to go with the flow and see who we become from our experiences.

Rhiannon is someone I can relate to and I think her character is the most believable. I find her to be a really strong woman after being beaten down by her ex, Justin for ages. She has emerged stronger than ever and we see her go through this journey through all three books. She has the most character development of all.

About X... Well let's just say he's scary as hell! But so well written for an author who usually writes about good, kind people. He's written in a way that we hate him, but understand him at the same time.

Overall, I wasn't blow away as I wish it had ended differently, but I admire Levithan's dedication to this series and hope there's much more to come. Until next time, love, Vee x

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this book the plot sounds quite interesting! I'm intrigued about the ending now though... 🤔 Nice blog 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty interesting to learn about how the story goes on. It feels good to be able to understand what the characters go through. At least you're not alone in that aspect! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete