Saturday 17 November 2018

Book Review: Floored

Hey guys! So this week is a book review about Floored, a novel about when seven lives collide and what happens in the aftermath. Enjoy!

Blurb


Floored is written by seven authors; Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood.

When they got in the lift, they were strangers. Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; Hugo, who knows he's the best-looking guy in the lift and is eyeing up Velvet, who knows what that look means; Dawson, who used to be on TV, used to be handsome, and is sincerely hoping no one recognizes him; Kaitlyn, who's losing her sight but won't admit it; and Joe, who shouldn't be here at all, but wants to be here the most.

And one more person, who will bring them together again on the same day every year.

Review


I bought Floored solely because Lisa Williamson had co-written it but I ended up loving all the characters and the craziness of the story. I even ended up liking Hugo, the most pompous prick there was. It was such a thrill reading this book; some nights I couldn't put it down and it really has helped me with my reading slump.

I spent the first few chapters trying to guess who's writing was who's but after a while it all melted together and I ended up thinking it was written by one person, one voice.

I think having Steven Jeffords die in the lift and the fact his death brings them together every year to celebrate life, was an excellent idea. Every single one of them has problems in their lives and although they only see one another once a year, it means more to them than any friend they've ever had. These unlikely bunch mean so much to each other, they will run all around the country to see one another. That's true friendship. No matter how often you see your best friends, they will still always be there for you in your time of need.

My personal favourite was Velvet because in the end, she finally finds her place in the world, her voice to speak up for herself. Like all of them, they find their purpose in life and having friends help you along the way is the best bit of the journey.

This book was so well written and gripping; I truly hope all the writers collab again in the future. I can't believe seven people managed to pull this off; I hardly ever read collabs because of my bad experience with them in the past, but this book has changed my mind. I cannot wait to read all the authors' other books.

This is a must read for anyone who needs a friend, a laugh or even a virtual hug from a book. Go and buy this book, now!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog and let me know if you've read Floored or any of the authors' work in the comments. Until next time, love, Vee x

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely book, and what a collection of writers! I love the concept too, thanks for recommending it, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, don't think I've ever read a book which was written by seven different authors, this alone has intrigued me to read it! I've read one of Holly Bournes books before so will be adding this to my TBR. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds amazing definitely my type of book am going to order tomorrow as also on a reading slump! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a reader and have been kind of in a slump with just reading romances so this sounds like it's going to be a breath of fresh air! This sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds super interesting! I'm going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting that there are so many authors who contributed to this book. The storyline sounds like quite an adventure! Glad you enjoyed the book!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete