Saturday 27 October 2018

Poetry Review: An Unapologetic Expression

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend, whatever you're up to. This week's blog post is a poetry review of TL Rodger's collection, An Unapologetic Expression. I was asked by Rodger's to review the book and as I love reading new poetry, I gladly agreed!

Review


The book is split into six chapters and all the poems are very inspiring and mindful. The author's goal is to inspire others to follow their dreams, no matter what their background is. The chapters include poems about identity, love, death and everything in between. There are even ones about parents and how you don't have to be like them, you can follow your own path, your own destiny.

The book is very short so it's a quick but powerful read. I really enjoyed the poems about following your dreams because I've been re-evaluating my life decisions and what I should do. The poems make me want to do something, be someone. And that's what all great poetry should do. No matter how long a book is or how short the poems are, if the author is passionate about what they write, then the words have the ability to empower the reader.

I recommend this collection to anyone who loves inspiring poetry that includes poems about identity, mindfulness and nature.

If you would like to purchase An Unapologetic Expression, then you can find it on Amazon or Payhip.

If you would like to follow TL Rodgers on social media, here are the usernames:

Tumblr and Instagram: @simplywoke

If you or someone you know has a poetry collection to review, please email me at: greenv745@gmail.com to inquire. Until next time, love Vee x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I haven't read poetry in so long. I definitely feel like I should pick it up again. I will have to check out this book for daily inspiration (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poetry! I'll have to check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to check this out!

    ReplyDelete