Wednesday 25 July 2018

YA Book Prom

Hey guys! So last Friday I attended a YA book prom! It was to celebrate author Katherine Webber's new book Only Love Can Break Your Heart. There were other authors there including Lisa Williamson, Juno Dawson, Tanya Byrne and Connie Glynn.


I never got a chance to go to prom because I was homeschooled so hearing that I could go to the prom as an adult with books was a dream come true. I dressed up (as you can see below) and went with my partner and my trusting book bag! The night was full of networking, buying books, awards, a quiz (that did go badly wrong, I won't lie!), dancing and pizza. There was also the opportunity to freely go up and get your book signed by the authors and to have a conversation with them.

I primarily wanted to meet Juno Dawson and Lisa Williamson because I've read some of their work and I have an interview with Lisa coming out on the blog soon. I adored The Art of Being Normal and wanted to tell her in person how much I enjoyed it and to thank her for agreeing to make time in her busy schedule to answer a few of my questions.


I also met a few new authors including Tanya Byrne who offered to sign my book, Floored (which is also co written by Lisa and a lot of other authors!). She was so sweet and I can't wait to read her work.

I thought that it was wonderful to meet other book nerds and it was great to see the effort they went to for the prom. I just hope if there is another prom, there will be a lot more activities and organisation involved!


If you went along to the prom, let me know what you thought! Until next time, love, Vee x

1 comment:

  1. I loved 'The Art of Being Normal' too! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete