Wednesday 26 September 2018

How To Achieve Your Dreams

Hey everyone! For those of you who know me, you'll know that my dream is to become an editor/writer. I have recently decided I'm going to do anything it takes to get to where I want to be, even if it means sacrificing my time, money or anything else.


I have been trying to gain experience in publishing and editing because to become an editorial assistant, you usually need to have a degree and some relevant editorial experience. And after weeks of feeling low, I've managed to secure myself an editorial internship with Society19, a student magazine. I've submitted a few articles already which is very exciting! 

The great thing about this internship is that I don't have to be a student or a graduate; usually, to do an editorial internship you need to have a degree. I'm so excited about this journey that I'm going on at the moment. Good things are coming.

I never thought I could succeed because of my education and lack of qualifications but I managed to achieve one of my goals! And you can too. Don't let your negativity, background or anyone stop you from achieving your goals. 

I'm going to be an editor one day and no matter how many times I get knocked down, I'm going to get back up and fight for what I want. I've had so many fantastic opportunities in my life. Some things may be rubbish, such as a job or a negative person in your life, but I promise you that you can do whatever you set your mind to. You just need to believe in yourself.


Stay positive and remember to take time for yourself. There's no point stressing over things right now; good things are coming, just believe in that. Surround yourself with like-minded, positive people who want you to be happy and you'll start to feel more confident and positive in yourself.

Remember, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. You are your own person and you can tell people what you think. Speak up for yourself and be heard. You have the power to do anything with your life! Isn't that exciting?

I hope you take away some positivity from this post and work hard to achieve your dreams. It may be difficult but I promise every hurdle will be worth it. Until next time, love, Vee x


2 comments:

  1. I needed this bit of positivity today, thank you for sharing!

    Paige x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely and positive post! So glad you found some experience and I'm sure you're going to go so far with this kind of determination. Can't wait to see you make it, girly. All the best!
    Lavraxlondon.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete