Saturday 29 December 2018

End Of Year Wrap Up

Hey guys! I hope you had a great Christmas and that your New Year's is even better! This post is going to be a wrap up with my favourite books of 2018, the best opportunities I've had this year and my goals for the new year ahead.

Before I start, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has shared and commented on my blog posts. It means the world to me and I've made so many friends along the way. Thank you to the authors who send me free books and to the people who are always there for me.


My Top Ten Books Of 2018


1. Sasquatch, Love and Other Imaginary Things
2. Floored
3. Emergency Contact
4. Eliza and Her Monsters
5. Attachments
6. My Mum Tracy Beaker
7. Another Day
8. Someday
9. Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow
10. Turtles All The Way Down


What are your top ten books of the year? You can read all my reviews of these books by going to my "Book Review" section.

What I'm Thankful For This Year


I'm thankful for my partner and the family I've created through blogging. I have met so many amazing and kind people. This year has been one of the hardest I've had and you all showing your support to me has made me remember that nice things can happen.

I'm thankful for all the adventures I've had this year. My partner Oli and I have been to France, Amsterdam and Croatia this year. I have tasted amazing food, swam (okay, stood) in the clear blue sea, been on a swing that hangs off a building and went on a cable car to look over the Old Town in Dubrovnik.


I'm thankful for how my blog has grown and how hard I've worked on making my dream a reality. I'm proud of myself even if I know I quit things quickly. This is who I am and I'm learning to accept I can't stand still for too long otherwise I go stir crazy.

I'm thankful for the authors, such as Alex Owumi and Lisa Williamson, who let me have such big opportunities to collab on blog posts and book tours. Without these people's help, my blog wouldn't have grown.


My Goals For 2019


I don't like New Year's resolutions because I never stick to them. But I will create some goals for myself.

1. I'd like to work more on my blog and create more content for you guys. I'd love to get to 40,000 views next year, which is a HUGE goal for me.

2. I want to travel to as many places as possible!

3. I want to try things I've never done before, even if they scare me.

4. I want to build up my business and get clients!!! (SCARY)

5. I want to live more in the present than the past or future.

6. I want to save up for our own little place.

7. I would love to have a blogger's meet up!

8. I would like to read 30 books next year.

9. I'd love to make money through my blog and collab with brands.

10. I want to take better care of my mental health and learn to accept who I've become.

What are your goals for the new year?

Well, I'd like to end this post with another massive thank you and I hope your 2019 is the best year yet. Keep being you and stay strong; all your hard work is going to pay off. See you in the New Year! Love, Vee x

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post, I personally don't have any goals for the new year but I will be trying to engage with other bloggers more. I can't pick a top 10 for books, there's too many!! Great post, have a good new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on everything that you did this year!! My favourite top 10 books are non existent because I only read half of 1 LOL yea. And as to your goals for this year, you can absolutely do them!! And you can count on me for that bloggers meet up, we're actually so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about building up your business, it's the scariest thing ever but this year is definitely the time to take on all of the things that scare us! Have an amazing 2019!

    Erica Raquel
    https://www.grandfashlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful and honest post. I am certainly going to have to take a peek at some of those books! Im loving John Green and David Levithan at the moment. ��

    Was Croatia incredible? It's on my list for sure. ✈

    As for your goals, I hope you smash them! ��

    Stephanie xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you hun! David is one of my favourite authors for sure! Croatia was amazing, we stayed next to the old town in Dubrovnik and went on a cable car and to Lokrum island. If you want to find out hat we did, this is my blog post about it: https://ramblingsofaneuroticwriter.blogspot.com/2018/09/things-to-do-while-in-croatia.html
      I hope you go and love it as much as I did!

      Delete