Sunday 6 August 2017

Poetry Corner: A Poem By Me

Hello there everyone! In today's blog I will be sharing with you a poem I finished and which I'm quite proud of! I have recently got more into poetry as I bought Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. I have analysed poetry before but I never think my work is good enough.

Without further ado, here is my completed poem.

                           
                                                                   Safety Net

Your skin smells like
A home I've never known
A safety net in
A world of falling
A constant in                                                                  
A life unknown

You aren't an anchor
That pulls me down
You are the light
That guides me home

You are a wildfire 
Setting light to dead grass
You are time
Consuming it and
Giving it
New meaning


I know it's a rather short blog today but I hope you guys enjoyed it. Let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to follow my Instagram: neurotic.writer.ramblings


No comments:

Post a Comment