Saturday 21 July 2018

Poetry Review: Love Her Wild by Atticus

Hey guys! I hope you're well. It was recently my birthday and as a gift I received a Waterstone's voucher from my partner's mum. Within days I had already spent it on poetry, including Atticus' work, Love Her Wild. I'm going to be reviewing his poetry and sharing some of my favourites with you.


Review


I was excited to read Love Her Wild ever since my friend showed me Atticus' Instagram. I recently read Rupi Kaur's work and also Amanda Lovelace's, so I was eager to read some more modern poetry.

I loved the photographs in the book and I thought that they conveyed what Atticus was writing about, but in a physical way. There are three sections of the book, the first starts with Love, the second, Her and the last one is called Wild, obviously. I like how he's used the sections to create the title, or vice versa.

I really enjoyed reading his poetry about love and life and the meaning of all of it; I have similar views and ideas and thought I was the only one thinking so deeply about little things. It's nice to know other artists, especially writers, feel the same way.

I think Atticus' poetry is new, refreshing and serves as inspiration to fellow poets and aspiring writers. I can't wait to read more of his work.

Now I'm going to share some of my favourite pieces from Love Her Wild. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



Have a great weekend! Love, Vee x

No comments:

Post a Comment