Thursday 31 August 2017

Saying Goodbye to 17

Hey there fellow writers and bookworms! So this blog will be a bit different as I turned 18 a few weeks ago and I will be sharing some of my hopes, dreams and everything in between!


I had been waiting for my 18th for such a long time and here it was, right in front of me. For some reason I'm scared of it - I'm finally an adult and I'm still figuring my life out. Going out there and finding what you want to do is scary. But what's terrifying is never going after your dreams and then regretting it.


In the past year I have overcome anxiety struggles, managed to travel on tubes alone, had several jobs I wasn't happy in and started a blog. This past year has been a roller coaster of tears, fears and hoping and praying.

In the past year I've traveled to Portugal, Ibiza and New York with my partner and see some wonderful sights. I can't wait to travel more in the future.


I have also started this blog and an Instagram to keep me busy and improve my writing. I have been on a writing course, I became a writing intern and I am writing more than ever.

I've lost friends and gained new, better ones. I've made up with people I never thought I would and I've come to realise that these things take time to heal. Wounds are being stitched up and there's better days to come.

Goals for the year ahead

My goals for this year include to be happy and to take care of myself more than I ever have before. I am planning my future without procrastinating and I'm taking care of my mental health by pushing myself to go out and have some me time. I love the freedom that comes with realising you can do anything you put your mind to.

Another goal for this year is to start saving for mine and my boyfriend's future together. I am making sure I treat myself but I'm also saving for rainy days and the future ahead.


I want to see my family happy and healthy and I also want to travel even more if I have the funds.

I'm also thinking of taking driving lessons and I'm really excited about that!


Overall, this year has been hard but rewarding and I can't wait to embark on a new year and a new life as the true me.

No comments:

Post a Comment